Job Title: Research Analyst | Location: Ikoyi, Lagos | Asset & Resource Management Holding Company
Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
- The Position Holder is responsible for performing research, and analysis on equities, and other capital market instruments in target markets and industries, in order to provide informed research notes, and recommendations to fund managers and aid them in the investment process, through the application of problem-solving expertise and a broad knowledge of the capital market to interpret data into meaningful recommendations successfully.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research: Undertake research on various classes of security instruments, industry and company data, leverage on research to develop research reports and publications, and provide recommendations to support both internal teams (i.e. client relations, & proprietary trading desks), and the company’s clientele (retail and institutional) in making investment decisions.
- Macroeconomic Analysis: Undertake analysis, and interpretation into the impact of various key environmental drivers such as market / industry trends, geographic trends, socio-political factors etc. on target markets, industries, and companies, with the aim of better tailoring recommendations and predictions for decision-making of target audiences.
- Financial Modelling: Input data into proprietary financial models, to represent both real-world financial situations, and scenarios to form basis for research notes, and advice to guide the effective decision-making of both internal teams, and external clientele.
- Portfolio Monitoring: Perform active surveillance, and extensive analysis of investment portfolios to identify trends, and make recommendations to both internal teams, and the company’s clientele with the aim of driving their effective decision-making in optimizing the performance of said portfolios.
- Support Business Development Activities: Actively contribute to research materials for purposes of making sales pitches to both existing and prospective clients, as well as internal teams.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry happenings and current events.
- Conduct primary research from industry sources
- Take responsibility for the coverage of market sectors and regions
- Make regular presentations to internal and external clients
- Develop additional quantitative and analytical tools to enhance security selection and portfolio management.
- Perform active surveillance of portfolio holdings to identify trends and make recommendations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of cognate experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- MBA or other advanced degree in finance.
- Relevant professional qualifications in finance, and investment management (e.g. CIS, CFA, ACCA).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply