Research Analyst | Semicolon Village Limited | Lagos
Our client, Morin Investment/Obsidian Capital, seeks to hire an efficient, detail-oriented research/financial analyst to work with her executive team on developing new and exciting business streams focused on exploring innovative market opportunities. In this position, the chosen candidate will interpret, manage, analyze and present research data in order to translate results into better solutions and business projections. The primary duties of the analyst include analyzing investment opportunities, interpreting, and presenting data in pitch decks and business plans. Morin Investments/Obsidian Capital is a partnership between a Nigerian and a UK-based company, focused on developing proprietary investment opportunities in the African market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create charts, graphs, and presentations for market analysis
- Develop recommendations to improve business/market offerings and operations
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research on relative markets
- Produce clear and useful reports, pitch decks, market analysis, and go to market/business plans
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry and related markets being researched
- Understand the needs of the organization or client in order to target research to their benefit
- Contact companies and agencies who can provide useful market data
- Communicate with business leaders, financial officers, and market representatives
- Advise business to participate or review business investment opportunities analyzed.
Skills, Knowledge, and Requirements
- University graduate and/or relevant experience in the role.
- Firm grasp on industry and opportunity analysis.
- Experience collecting, interpreting, and organizing data
- Ability to prepare extensive reports and present findings to companies with clear and concise action advice.
- Working knowledge of key industries and markets.
- Advanced speaking and report-writing skills for effective communication.
- Attention to details and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to keep sensitive business financial information confidential.
- In-depth understanding of the entire MS Office suite.
- Additional certifications such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) are preferred (but not mandatory)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply