Title: Research Assistant – Policy Workstream | Location: Sangotedo-Ajah, Lagos | Lagos Business School | Type: Full-time
Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
- We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to join our research team.
- He/she will assist in the compilation, analysis and writing up of data and materials for research and its publication (articles, chapters, books, reviews, etc.).
- He/she will assist in data gathering, compilation and development of case studies, provide support to faculty’s work (research and administrative support).
A brief outline of the main duties:
- Read and synthesize research literature from a variety of sources (policy and academic) in response to research questions
- Contribute to the design and administration of surveys
- Assist with data collection and management
- Conduct analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data
- Contribute to the writing of research reports and other research outputs
- Keep up to date with the new policy and research developments of relevance to the work
- Formulate recommendations, policies, or plans to solve financial inclusion problems
- Build relevant relationships across the DFS ecosystem
- Undertake any other task as may be required
- Contribute to the delivery of capacity building programmes on human-centred design and sustainable business models for financial inclusion
- Assist with managing the eLearning platform for online course delivery
- Education & Qualification required: A University degree (Preferably Masters) in Social Sciences.
Special skills, mental or personality requirement:
- Possess sufficient knowledge in digital financial services and financial inclusion policy and regulation.
- Evidence of research activity and published research is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to build contacts and participate in internal and external networks for the exchange of information and collaboration.
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Detail-orientation and ability to work accurately under time pressure
- Knowledge of statistical software including SPSS and NVIVO
- Knowledge of MS Office suites including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online