Plan International | Location: Abuja | Title: Resource Mobilization Intern
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- The purpose of the role is to support Plan International Nigeria’s country programme to achieve its funding objectives. The role will involve working very closely with the Resource Mobilization Manager in the design and implementation of the country office Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Support the Resource Mobilization Manager in creating new and renewed funding opportunities with institutional donors, including bilateral, multilateral, foundation and private donors.
- Contribute to achieving targets that grow and diversify the Country Programme funding portfolio.
- Support the Resource Mobilization Manager in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of donor funded projects and programs.
- Support the Resource Mobilization Manager in Drafting the Funding Agreement Document (FAD), and ensuring they are signed off timely.
- To assist with the coordination of proposal writing processes. This involves developing project proposals and budgets in close coordination with the proposal development team.
- To assist in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization Workplan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan.
- Support in the design of marketing communications and brand visibility materials.
- Support the preparation of tailored marketing and pitch materials targeting current and potential donors and the preparation of ad hoc input to queries of partners
- To assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals and corporate agencies.
- To contribute to the production and internal dissemination of Plan International Nigeria’s Resource Mobilization Update and Newsflash.
- To ensure that fundraising and resource mobilization information are up to date on the resource mobilization share drive.
- Exploring funding sources and strategic partnership opportunities from the potential donors identified in the strategy.
- Organizing Resource Mobilization activities and initiatives relevant to the implementation of the country strategic plan.
- Networking, updating, and liaising with key in – country and international donors.
- Contribute to monitoring of new initiatives, events and innovative funding opportunities related to Plan International Nigeria’s resource mobilization ambition.
- Assist with coordination of general fundraising-oriented activities such as campaigns, round-tables conversations and other events
- Conduct research and other duties as requested, contributing towards the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy
- Perform other administrative duties as requested by the Resource Mobilization Team
- Key relationships Support the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption. Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programme. Provide support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilization. Work with other members of the CO to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
A minimum of degree in International Development, Business Studies , or any other Social Science degree ( Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
Not more than one-year post degree work experience.
Knowledge and understanding of the International NGO sector will be an added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Power point)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, think and plan strategically, and communicate with key actors in a dynamic and unpredictable operating environment.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
Knowledge and skills: General knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian Principles is core
Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
Typical office environment. Post holder will be based in Abuja with frequent visits to the field offices, North-East Nigeria inclusive
Level of contact with children
Low contact: the job responsibilities of this position may require the post holder to have some level of contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
2 nd March, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply