Job Title: Retail Store Manager | Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time |Owens & Xley
Owens & Xley is a full-service business consulting and advisory company located in Lagos, Nigeria. We love creating practical solutions that assist entrepreneurs to navigate the day-to-day challenges of running a business.
At Owens and Xley Consults, everything we do is geared towards helping you build the business of your dreams and living the life you desire. Whether you are thinking of becoming your own boss or currently have your own business, we have solutions designed to support you.
- The StoreManager is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the store’s operations.
- S/he will formulate strategies, improve performance, procure material and resources and ensure compliance.
- S/he should be ready to manage team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle Human Resources functions (Birthdays, Leave, Induction, staff files etc.)
- Manage correspondences via phones, WhatsApp and email.
- Ensure strict compliance and monitoring of organizational rules, policies and standards
- Supervise staff to ensure that they actively carry out their roles
- Handle and resolve all clients’ orders and complaints
- Daily prepare reports.
- Supervise the pattern samples made
- Plan all internal and external events with the Creative Director as scheduled.
- Coordinates daily activities and supervises all employees.
- Daily keep records of all operating expenditure
- Daily supervise store operations
- Monthly collate Taxes
- Settle the store’s utility bills.
- Attend events/Fairs and Industry Specific functions as scheduled.
- Ensure the store is properly cleaned at all times and merchandising is in order.
- Plan in – store events as scheduled.
- Work with Creative Director for events as scheduled.
- Prepare the staff salary schedule
- Scheduling of tasks for tailors.
- Handle and resolve all clients’ complaints
Social Media and Communications content:
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Create and distribute marketing copy to advertise our company and products
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in blog posts
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Create content for newsletters as needed
- Update customers information and database
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO (search engine optimization) guidelines to optimize content
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new topics
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Measure web traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Update our websites as needed
- Daily assist in stock counting
- Perform quality control check on newly produced inventory
- Daily carry out quality control checks on newly ordered stock
- Manage inventory and procurement from vendors
- Quarterly decide items to be marked down
- Name dresses and set price of garments as scheduled.
- Daily supervise the production of low in stock inventory
- Daily responsible for supply vendors
- Reorder stock when low.
- Daily check inventory and maintain the optimal reorder level.
- Maintain inventory by implementing purchase plans with all stockists.
- Daily assign deliveries to the logistics team
- Daily ensure that all orders are delivered on a timely basis
- Track monthly payments with logistics company
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of HND / BSc / BA from a reputable and accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a managerial role
- A background in the fashion industry will be an addition
Skills and Requirements:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools especially Word and Excel
- Proficiency in the use of social media ads for content including Canva, Lightroom, Mailchimp
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service
- Leadership and Supervisory skills and ability to manage situations within the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Relate and network with people
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Time-management skills.
N80,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the mail.