Job Title: Reverse Operations Associate | Jumia Group | Lagos
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As Reverse Ops Associate, your responsibility is to build engagement with vendors to ensure all packages in reverse flow is received by the vendors at the shortest possible time and vendor’s convenience.
- Implementing the 21/30-day vendor commitment to ensure all packages breached are captured and processed for payment to vendors
- Interacting with vendors via Salesforce to resolve all issues relating to the return of items to vendors.
- Managing the vendors seller ID card process; Procurement & distribution to the hubs.
- Conceptualizing, brainstorming and creating engaging, informative, relevant and viral-worthy processes to enhance Jumia Mall and Jumia Services operations.
- Works directly with Jumia services returns unit to ensure smooth operations of return items to vendors
- Analyzing and Implementing forfeiture process due to non-compliance pick up timeline by vendors.
- Monitoring and enforcing healthy inventory i.e only fast moving items remain in the warehouse and slow moving items are returned to vendors within SLA.
- Maintaining good customer experience by monitoring the delisting of SKUs with high return rate and issues.
- Ensuring and monitoring prompt communication is sent to sellers on the state of their reverse packages.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc Operations / Logistics & Supply Chain or other related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role.
- Excellent use of excel would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry.
- Basic knowledge of HTML is an advantage.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply