Latest job vacancies at Rising Tide Africa (RTA) Nigeria
The Rising Tide Africa Programmes are part of a global movement to increase women’s participation in angel investing as an asset class. The Global movement originated as 180 women from across 5 continents innovating cross-border angel investing. Rising Tide provides an enriching investment experience including infrastructure to support the development of a robust investment portfolio in start-ups, education on the investment process, and the development of a global angel community of successful women across Africa, the United States, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East.
Jobs at Rising Tide Africa (RTA)
September 26, 2023
September 1, 2022
Rising Tide Africa (RTA)Job Title: Investment Associate Location: LagosEmployment Type: Full-time About the Role Your role as investment associate is a critical one for the organization in which you will collaborate… Read more here
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- Your role as investment associate is a critical one for the organization in which you will collaborate with the RTA Investment Committee to fully execute RTA’s mission and business objectives.
- You will have ownership of your projects and manage these projects from start to finish.
- The role requires substantial interaction and relationship building with VCs, entrepreneurs, and technology ecosystem players.
- You are expected to develop rigorous insights on a diverse range of subjects including commerce, media, education, health care, consumer finance, financial inclusion, etc.
- Screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, help investment Partners with due diligence and create investment memos
- Evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation
- Proactively source new investment opportunities
- Manage due diligence process, write investment memos, and assist with investment execution
- Conduct market research on competitive industries and evaluate their products and services, and the demand for these competitive products and services
- Assist the RTA leads in carrying out various group and individual activities related to supporting entrepreneurs in the pre and post-funding stages
- Interact with entrepreneurs, advisors, clients, financing orgs, lawyers, and ICT ecosystem players
- Develop and deliver presentations to the board, teams, portfolio companies, partners, and clients
- Coordinate with internal and external partners on high-impact strategies and evaluation
- Represent RTA at relevant sector-specific conferences, meetups, and events
- Represent RTA at events that help build the ecosystem for diverse entrepreneurs in tech
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business-related field is ideal
- An MBA is a substantial plus
- You are required to collaborate using a range of tools including WhatsApp, Slack, and Google Suite so you are expected to be conversant with these tools
- Work experience in venture capital, investment banking, consulting, or other finance organizations
- Capacity to author high-quality documents and presentations including reports, project plans, and investment summaries
- Familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices, e.g., convertible debt and equity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for finding tech-driven solutions to close quality-of-life gaps
- Ability to work collaboratively with entrepreneurs and other clients from diverse backgrounds is highly desirable; charismatic, people- and relationship-oriented
- Demonstrated curiosity around and aptitude for understanding new technologies and business models
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and written skills; clear succinct writer, eloquent
- Intellectual curiosity, self-awareness
- Positive entrepreneurial outlook with a desire to make a large impact on an organization
- Strong personal networks amongst entrepreneurs
- Familiarity with major tech ecosystem individuals, groups, and events.
- We offer competitive compensation and health benefits package