Job Title: Risk and Compliance Manager
MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
Purpose of the Position
The primary purpose of this position centers on ensuring the Bank’s risks are properly managed, the development and implementation of risk and compliance strategies or programs in order to find appropriate balance in all forms of credit and operational risks while also ensuring regulatory compliance. The position covers the following areas:
- Risk Management (credit and non-credit risk)
- AML (Anti Money Laundering)
- Enterprise Risk
- Fraud Prevention and detection
- Business Continuity
- Oversee and enforce risk management policies, including Credit Manual, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Manual and Policy, and monitor compliance with these policies.
- Develop appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminate appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in business products, change in clients, markets/industry, laws and regulations.
- Own and ensure that the KYC/AML & CTF policies are kept up to date in line with CBN’s / FATF regulations.
- Ensure that Members of Staff are familiar with the KYC/AML & CTF regulations pertinent to their jobs.
- Carry out internal training / refresher training for all staff to ensure that they suitably trained.
- Provide an independent review of proposed business plans which include risks identified to the Board Risk Committee and Executive Committee.
- Manage a comprehensive KYC/AML/CTF Compliance program for the company in line with local regulations and internal policy requirements.
- Developing systems to generate a robust system to identify, monitor, manage and control credit, market and operational risks.
- Act as the champion of risk management for the Company and help improve Management team understanding of key risk identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting and mitigation.
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of direct reports.
- Minimum of Degree in Finance, Economic, Business Administration etc. from a reputable University and Post graduate degree an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in risk management, internal control or audit in financial services industry/sector.
- Experience of development of policy documents added advantage
- Highly proficient with MS Office.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] with subject as “Risk & Compliance Manager”.
Note: If you are not contacted 2weeks after the expiration of this publication, kindly note that your application was not successful.