Risk, Independence & Legal Officer at Deloitte Nigeria
Deloitte Nigeria | Job Title: Risk, Independence & Legal Officer | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
- The successful candidate will provide support to the Risk, Independence and Legal Department by playing a key supporting role and adding value to the Risk and Independence clients’ processes.
Other duties to be performed by the ideal candidate include the following:
- Perform engagement acceptance procedures in Phoenix
- Update independence declarations forms for joiners and leavers. Monitor/review joiners and leavers and follow up on outstanding with PPD/BUL/T&T.
- Track and monitor business relationships logged and ensure quality of deliverables
- Initiate monthly and quarterly directorship searches of contractors and firm staff and follow up on exceptions.
- Track and monitor completion of RIL e-learnings such as independence, ethics, information security, integrity imperative, etc.
- Support in the development of quality independence presentations as and when necessary
- Support other RIL activities as it relates to planning, monitoring, rollout, execution and reporting of the engagement acceptance testing process.
- Support in monitoring engagement acceptance processes in Phoenix adequately and assist users with the functionality of the system.
- Support the Legal team as may be required.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (LL.B., B.L., etc.) in Law with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division.
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE / GCE / NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
- Applicants must have a keen interest in developing their skills in the Risk and Independence areas of the business.
- A fair understanding of Risk Management and Regulatory requirements for different industries will also be valuable
- Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Have the ability to maintain a professional outlook and carriage at all times
- Be willing to learn new skills in the broad activities that Risk and Independence now cover
- Must be analytical and possess effective decision-making skills
- Must also have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads and pay attention to detail
- Have the ability to follow through on assigned tasks and proactively seek guidance, clarifications and feedback
- Be prepared to work extra hours from time to time to ensure that all business units have their service requests dealt with promptly
- Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the use of MS office tools i.e. Excel, Word and Power-point
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online