Job Title: RTG Manager | Maersk – West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) | Location: Lagos – Nigeria
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminal to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world.
We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern
handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
- Ensure all planned preventive and corrective maintenance activities are executed safely with the aim of reducing risks to as low as reasonably possible
- Ensure the safety of all technicians working within RTG team, leading by example in his own behaviours and practices
- Ensure all equipment, RTG’s and RSP’s under their responsibility, is maintained in accordance with local legislation and standards specified by APMT global functions
- Ensure all preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and inspection activities are completed efficiently based on calendar, running hours, condition based etc.
- Ensure KPIs for equipment availability, reliability, cost etc are met for equipment, RTG’s and RSP’s, under their responsibility
- Ensure all required equipment KPIs and measures are correctly recorded and reported as required
- Ensure maintenance strategies are developed for all equipment, RTG’s and RSP’s, under the responsibility of the RTG Manager, including all minimum requirements specified by Global Asset Maintenance.
- Lead the continuous review and improvement of equipment maintenance strategies for equipment under their ownership, taking into account major and repetitive equipment failures
- Accountable for ensuring the integrity of all equipment, RTG’s and RSP’s, under their ownership, considering the age and service of equipment, through development and execution of appropriate preventive, predictive and inspection activities
- Manage a risk-based approach to pending corrective maintenance, considering the compounded risk to safety and operation through multiple failures or defects
- Ensure the most efficient use of RTG Maintenance team, working closely with the Maintenance Analyst / Scheduler to ensure work is planned accurately and scheduled realistically.
- Manage contracts for outsourcing of services or specialist activities as required
- Manage spare parts inventory requirements for all equipment under their ownership
- Ensure RTG Maintenance team have all necessary skills and competencies required to perform their normal duties
- Develop the skills and competencies of their RTG Maintenance team members, taking into account succession planning and career progression where relevant
- Develop budget for all planned preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment under their control
- Proactively track and manage cost of maintenance for their equipment, intervening when costs escalate and identifying ways to reduce costs
We are looking for
- Minimum university degree in related industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an operational M&R or facility management related
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Experience in a strong service oriented, stakeholder-management-required environment.
- Understanding of Asset Maintenance planning metrics, principles, its processes and requirements
- Practical, planning and work scheduling capabilities, ready to improve and challenge the status quo
- Understanding of (APMT used) software data systems and their interfaces
- Structured, driven, self-motivating, result orientated
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply