Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Officer
- Creating, enacting, and updating job safety programmes for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace.
- Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job.
- Oversee the security department
- Ensure Maximum safety of work machines
- Auditing production, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations
- Inspecting production and manufacturing equipment and processes to make sure they are safe
- Ordering repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment
- Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
- Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions
- Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques
- Determining whether the finished product is safe for customers
- Creating safety plans that include suggest improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Sharing information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company
- Meeting company health and safety goals
- Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
- Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident
- Finding the best way to prevent future accidents
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Health, Safety, Regulations and Training
- Risk Assessment ability
- Must have worked in a manufacturing industry
- 4-5 years minimum experience as a safety officer
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.