Team Ace ( An Engineering Company) | Title: Safety Officer | Location: Lagos
Our Client a top Engineering Company is looking forward to fill the position of a safety officer who will:
- Comply with all occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines.jj8
- Inspect worksites and review working conditions
- Document reports of occurrences and record statistical information
- Develop and implement OHS training programs
- Maintain safety regulations during installations
- Oversee disposal of substances according to environmental guidelines
- Ensure statutes, regulations, and codes are clearly understood and met
- Intervene to stop any acts or processes which are unsafe or do not comply with OHS guidelines
- Implement preventative measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated
- Ensure all personnel follow all personal safety precautions (hardhats, protective goggles, etc.)
- Update procedures and policies for new regulations or local ordinances.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, construction, occupational safety and health, or related field
- 5 years of previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs
- Solid knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on fire safety and prevention, loss control, hazardous chemicals, building, electrical, noise pollution and the environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and walk throughout the workday
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Up to date on latest local and state regulation and guideline changes.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the ” Title” as the subject of the email.