Job Title: Research and Strategy Analyst | Fill Time | Sankore Investments | Locatona: Ikoyi, Lagos NIGERIA
Position: Research and Strategy Analyst
The Research and Strategy Analyst will be responsible for researching, collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data, and using the data to guide the business’s decision-making. This may include evaluating country and asset specific risk and return profiles. The Analyst will maintain a robust database of fiscal, monetary, and publicly listed entities to mining such data and presenting actionable recommendations for proprietary and client decision-making.
In this role, the analyst will work with the Fund Management team on pitch books, financial due diligence of target companies, client calls and strategy calls while providing general coverage of traditional and alternative asset classes.
The responsibilities of this role will be broad and include:
- Examine and assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies.
- Participate in the annual and quarterly macroeconomic forecasting process and other data modelling activities
- Conduct global portfolio analysis of HNI clients’ portfolios and advise on optimal allocation.
- Anchor weekly knowledge sharing sessions with client facing teams firmwide.
- Develop quant-based signals for weekly equity recommendations retail investors and proprietary positions
- Initiate coverage of investment grade and high-yield EM and DM markets with actionable investment recommendations for the investment team.
- Collect and synthesize financial data and operating information about potential investment opportunities and industries into reports
- Create financial models.
- Gather relevant data on the investment landscape (globally and locally) and conduct analysis with a view to spotting new and emerging opportunities.
- Partner and communicate with various internal business units regarding fund products and performance data.
- Conduct research on targeted sectors and make recommendations to support fund management investment activities.
- Drive the preparation of customized term sheets, capital markets and marketing materials.
- Prepare bi-weekly Investment committee presentations and dashboards.
- Publish a weekly message to the firm’s clients across all client touchpoints.
- Experience working with large datasets and visualization skills.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Finance related courses
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial services or investment company
- CFA Level 1 will be an added advantage
- Well-grounded in macroeconomics on the global and domestic fronts
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Excellent use of Microsoft office especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Confident presentation abilities
- Strong subject matter coverage of fixed income (EM and SSA) and equity markets
- Excellent research and writing abilities with evidence of publications
- Intermediate programming skills (R, Phyton) is an added advantage
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Good understanding of investment markets and instruments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoints, Access etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas simply and summarize them effectively.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to streamline processes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Positive, can-do attitude and willingness to get the job done.
- Proactive, motivated, and possess poise and self-confidence.
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively, balancing multiple deliverables efficiently
- Strong attention to detail and open-minded (Exacting attention to detail, picking up on the details that others miss)
- Ability to engage and work collaboratively with colleagues, and multiple stakeholders,
- Ability to bring innovations to operations.
- A thirst for knowledge and learning.
- Self-driven and goal-oriented.
- A strong focus on excellence.
- Intellectually curious.
- Highly organized.
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply