Title: Senior Account Officer for KNCV International’s Finance Unit in Nigeria | Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type: Full Time
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
- The Finance Unit is responsible for the timely, complete and accurate registration of transactions in the accounting system of KNCV and related legal entities and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Furthermore, the Unit develops and supports the financial management system by operating an effective and efficient planning and control cycle, by designing and maintaining the administrative workflows and internal control procedures and by implementing and maintaining relevant IT applications.
Purpose of the
- The Senior Accounts Officer is responsible for the payroll and all finance issues related to the general ledger, accounts payable, receivable and provides internal stake holders with relevant information on the project and on the administration in general.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with HR on payroll accounting related matters;
- Ensure the monthly payroll payment is processed accurately and on time for all staff; Responsible for analyzing and approving of payroll data to determine if additional accruals and/or corrections are necessary (including expat payroll);
- Prepare journal entries, e.g. severance accruals in general ledger;
- Prepare account reconciliation of all payroll related balances accounts on a monthly basis;
- Control the monthly deduction for pension premiums and social insurances and validate and approve pension and social insurance payments;
- Responsible for the optimization of payroll processes & systems in collaboration with HR.
- Analyses developments with respect to the administrative organization, internal control and planning and control cycle;
- Conducts research into and gives advice on the consistency and effectiveness of the administrative organization;
- Formulates objectives and standards for the administrative organization and internal control and sees to implementation and monitoring. Advises Director Finance and Operations in the Hague on modifications and changes;
- Draws up general planning and control principles, guidelines and procedures and sees to compliance and effect;
- Act as a contact person and conducts internal audits in the regions and follow up findings.
Providing Financial Information:
- Ensures the monthly financial reports is submitted timely to HQ;
- Collects the financial data needed to compile a variety of reports, plans and budgets;
- Provides the explanation, substantiation, analyses and statements required to draw up plans and reports;
- Consolidates data from various (financial) records and compiles annual accounts for the benefit of external accountability;
- Identifies deviations in the realization vis-à-vis those agreed and advises the Director of Finance and Operations on measures and initiatives to be taken;
- Sees to the maintenance of the financial information systems, identifies bottlenecks and takes the necessary steps to solve these;
- Offers advice and assistance in the form of management information which makes it possible to take corrective action in due time;
- Monitors and processes time writing entries and cost allocation within the deadline.
- Supervises team members
- Ensures that instructions contained in the (local) Finance manual are implemented properly and the KNCV performance cycle is adhered to;
- Is responsible for coordination within the Finance team with the aim of increasing efficiency and effectiveness and improving quality
- Plans, coordinates and checks the activities and deadlines of the team
Who We are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and or Business Management.
Knowledge / Experiences:
- At least 7 years of experience in finance management, accounting and working in a project setting
- Demonstrable experience with accounting and financial reporting in USG supported projects
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software systems and excellent Excel knowledge
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Leadership skills
- Must be flexible with absolute integrity, organizational awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
- A fixed-term contract for a year with a possibility for extension;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where a pro-active mentality is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Conditions Scheme;
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply