Job Title: Senior Account Officer – Tax and Audit
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Brief Job Description
- Manages all statutory audits and tax related matters.
- Handles all audit and tax related matters in head office and across all branches
- Attend to all audit request and channel to the appropriate persons and follow up for feedback
- Ensure that all statutory audits are completed within the statutory timeline
- Ensure that all needed schedules for statutory and tax audit are ready & accurate before the audit startup
- Provide monthly schedules for VAT remittance to Government (VAT payables & receivables)
- Review all tax computations by external auditors to ensure correct computation
- Review the Financials with Trial balances before signing off the financial statement for accuracy
- Check Tax ProMax platform monthly to see that all returns are filled and after annual audit ensure returns has been filled online by audit team
- Ensure that education tax is budgeted for during audit and paid immediately the FS is finalized on or before regulatory timeline.
- Internal check on Account processes and report to NCA on deviations
- Attend to urgent issues of the department outside our routine scope of task
- BA in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent, professional qualification (ACA, CMA, CPA, CIA or CFA) will be an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of experience in the accounting field with Proven working experience.
- Proficiency in ERP systems
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Extensive corporate and personal tax experience
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Conversant with tax laws
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
N150,000 – N250,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
13th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.