Clear Essence California Spa and Wellness Resort located on 13 Alexander Road is a boutique hotel and spa catering to enrich the lives of the affluent. Positioned in heart of Ikoyi, the resort provides an easy access and a welcoming ambience to refresh, renew, and restore oneself. The cosmetics brand Clear Essence has expanded their horizons into the hospitality industry providing the African community with an exclusive five star experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
We are seeking to employ the services of an experienced Accounts Manager with the following set skills, qualification and attributes:
- Prepare daily revenue report by balancing night audit report with cash, cheques and credit cards received, and reconcile daily revenue, summarizing into monthly revenue report.
- Responsible for maintaining Account Receivables, subsidiary ledger and reconcile to General ledger.
- Reconcile asset accounts including bank accounts, accounts receivable, other receivables/prepaids.
- Reconcile liability accounts including accounts payable, accruals, note payable, and other liabilities.
- Maintain and control inventories and fixed assets, and assists to conduct physical inventories.
- Oversee the implementation of the hotel operating budget and monitor department revenues and expenses, ensuring accurate recording in accordance with established guidelines.
- Continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, etc
- Liaise with Company Consultants to perform monthly and yearly tax returns in compliance with government regulations.
- Maintain format of income statements and balance sheets and responsible for modification or changes needed as necessary.
- Perform month-end financial accounting close process and complete internal financial reporting, and prepare management financial reports.
- Financial budgeting, cost control, and procedural implementation.
- Accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Implement process efficiencies as well as internal controls for effective cost control throughout the company.
Education / Qualification
- A Chartered / Certified Accountant with at least (7) seven years’ experience working in the hospitality business or an FMCG Company, with a minimum of ten (10) years accounting experience.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software. Experience in the use of Sage Pastel will be an added advantage.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Articulate in English Language with excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and exhibit sound judgment.
- Demonstrate good Knowledge of the hospitality market and competition.
- Manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high standards of delivery.
- Self-motivated and exhibit calmness under pressure, with a flexible approach.
- Strong commitment to team work and supporting the wider objectives of the Company.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only Candidates with the required qualification, experience and attributes will be considered.