Job Title: Senior Accountant |Location: Oniru, Lagos | Elvaridah
Elvaridah is a Business Development Company with the primary objective of working with businesses and business owners to start up their businesses, improve, differentiate or expand already existing ones.
- We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions
- Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures
- A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts
- The ideal candidate has experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants
- Senior accountant duties include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Posting of all invoices on Travcom.
- Refunds, ADM and ACM postings after audit/HOF approval.
- Processing and Posting of all payables.
- Posting of all receipts.
- Payable & Receipt report.
- Invoicing Report
- Assist in reconciliation of vendor’s statement
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management account
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Liaise with Accounting manager to improve financial procedures.
Candidate should possess the following skills:
- Proven experience as a senior accountant
- Proficiency in Travcom
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Must have a First Degree in Accounting or any other related discipline from a reputable Higher Institution and must be a chartered accountant (ACCA / ICAN).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply