Job Title: Senior Accountant
Technical / Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Responsible for timely monthly, separate and consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Responsible for strategic financial planning and management reporting activities in the organization.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Management Reports, Budgets and Financial Plan and ensures compliance with statutory regulations.
- Ensures the prompt reporting of financial performance at period end (e.g., income, balance sheet position, bank reconciliation) including relevant insightful analysis.
- Monitor financial controls for effectiveness and efficiency and ensures identified lapses are escalated on a timely basis.
- Manages and controls receivable General Ledger accounts.
- Prompt collection of receivables from clients.
- Performs monthly review of the general ledger and ensure they are backed up with relevant schedules.
- Assist in project financing activities, including financial analysis, budgeting, invoicing, timely and accurate bank reconciliations, monitoring of expenditure levels against budget and funding obligations.
- Assist in the preparation of company and project budgets and monitor their implementation.
- Variance analysis of forecast to actual and explanation of those variances.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and perform financial analysis to aid effective decision making.
- Draft accounting policy and procedure manuals, regularly update and ensure compliance.
- Maintain records and receipts of all financial transactions.
- Act as a key point of contact with external partners including merchants, clients and vendors on payments, logistics, billing and invoicing.
- Assist in company’s financial procedures which includes but not limited to audit, tax and budgeting processes.
- Monitor the company’s working capital and ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of federal and state tax returns including CIT, VAT, WHT, CGT, Transfer pricing and other business-related filings.
- Work with Tax Consultants and other required teams to ensure timely filing of business annual returns.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders on regular or special tax related projects including but not limited to FIRS and LIRS audit.
Interpersonal, Relationship Management & Collaboration:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and follow up with external customers on all account related requests
- Ensure Internal and External Customer Satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field.
- Professional qualification: ICAN ,ACCA or CFA .
- 7+ years work experience in similar role with sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS;
- Must have Experience in Fintech / Payments / Banking / Financial Services domain
- Proficiency in using Accounting software;
- Ability to ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ethical principles and ability to manage confidential and sensitive financial information.
- Attention to details.
- Good Management abilities.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant accounting tools.
- Ability to work well within teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of e-mail.