Title: Senior Accountant | Location: Victoria Island, Lagos | Terragon
Terragon is Africa’s fastest-growing enterprise marketing technology company. We aggregate and enrich difficult-to-source consumer data, generating measurable outcomes for telco’s, banks, and larger brands. Terragon uses its on-demand marketing cloud platform, attribution software, and deep analytics capability to enable thoughtful, targeted omni-channel access to 100m+ mobile-first African consumers.
As a Financial Controller, a typical day might include the following:
- Prompt coding and registering of commitments in the accounting system, maintaining chart of accounts, invoicenumbers.
- Documenting financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Liaising with accounting officers with respect to bills receivable, bills payable, etc
- Providing assistance to auditors with regards to scope and items
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Ensuring internal control system is effected and adhered to on the assets and accounting system of the company.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation of the accounts of the company.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Develop, implement, modify, document, record keeping, and accounting system, making efficient use of the accounting
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information needed for the audit of financial statements
- Ensure all costs are captured on SAP daily and revenues captured promptly
- Compute statutory taxes i.e VAT, PAYE, local government and preparation of tax returns, ensure compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Maintaining account payables and accounts receivables: Collate payments due to the vendors for each unit of the business.
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Developing plans for financial growth.
- Evaluating and managing risk.
- Coordinating audit processes.
You’d be a good fit if:
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant analytical experience
- Candidate should possess a Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline
- Significant analytical skill set, including the utilisation of BI and reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- High level of commercial acumen
- Advanced computer software skills, including writing macros in Excel and other accounting packages
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA or CFA
NGN3,600,000 – 4,800,000 / Year.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified canidates should send their Cover Letters and CV to: [email protected] using the Title as subject of the email.