Type: Full Time Job Category: Senior Level
Location: GRA, Port Harcourt Job Title: Accountant
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service logistics company, with specialty in air/sea freight forwarding with international standards, reputable image, high professionalism and consistent quality of service; is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring qualified personnel for the position above.
- In-depth knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and its application
- In-depth knowledge and application of the Nigerian Generally accepted accounting principles (NGAAP) and it’s alignment to the IFRS
- Proven proficiency in the development of strong financial and accounting processes and policies for efficient financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of other applicable regulatory provisions and ensuring strict compliance to same.
- Competency in making sound financial judgements and providing sound financial advice towards driving strategic objectives
- Managing the team to ensure compliance with existing accounting policies and standard accounting practices in the company’s policies.
- Checking entries for accuracy and making necessary corrections.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Maintaining creditors records for the company.
- Preparing payment schedules.
- Creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory.
- Processing invoice in accounting system.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Facilitating debt collection for the company main company
- Preparing and submit statutory returns
- Matching invoices to approved or request as applicable.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be possess the integrity to uphold best practices and retain transparent records about the organization’s financial records
- Must have an aptitude for numbers and calculation.
- Must be Qualified and experienced in the new International and Financial Reporting standard (IFRS)
- Must possess good rapport, time management, expert negotiation, strong analytical and organizational skill.
- Must be a good team player and leader with commendable Interpersonal skills.
- Must be very organized or a perfectionist.
- Must possess the ability to use accounting software as well as Management Tools example PowerPoint and Excel computer software to input and amend data and records.
- Must have strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Must be detail oriented to be able to input data accurately and to recognize any errors they or others may have made.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field required.
- 6+ years of core experience in a corporate and management accounting position.
- ICAN/ACCA qualification is required.
- Qualified in the new IFR standard
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analysis, critical thinking and evaluation abilities.
- Strong exposure experience with Accounting software
- In-depth understanding of SAGE is an added advantage
- Easy commute to GRA Port Harcourt is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Using the role Senior Accountant as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th May, 2020.