Job Title: Senior Administration and Procurement Officer
Requisition No: VN305
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
- MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics is a new USAID funded program initiated in September 2020 and active through September 2025. Through a consortium of partners led by EngenderHealth, this project expands awareness of, equitable access to, and appropriate use of quality, voluntary surgical maternal health (MH) and family planning (FP) services that are essential to reducing maternal and newborn mortality and morbidity and promoting reproductive health (RH).
- MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics focuses on surgical obstetric care, including safe and indicated cesarean delivery (CD) and peripartum hysterectomy; prevention and treatment of obstetric and iatrogenic fistula; and voluntary long-acting reversible contraceptives and permanent methods (LARCs/PMs).
- Reporting to the Administration and Procurement Manager, the Senior Administration & Procurement Officer will work with other members of the team to provide efficient and effective support for all categories of staff and external stakeholders to provide administrative, procurement and logistics support in the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are conducted in a timely manner and are in accordance with USAID and EngenderHealth rules and regulations while ensuring the integrity of the process. This will include obtaining quotes from local suppliers in an efficient and timely manner, adhering to EngenderHealth and the corresponding funder policies. Conduct bid review, vendor selection, contract negotiations and draft contracts.
- Ensure engagement of vendors in long term or framework agreements where applicable.
- Collaborate with other members of the team especially the programs and operations teams to anticipate and plan for the organization’s procurement needs.
- Facilitate the implementation of the organization’s procurement plan.
- Maintain and update the vendor database.
- Ensure update of the organization’s procurement tracker and dissemination to the concerned departments.
- Ensure all procurement folders are always audit-ready and periodic checks.
- Review all procurement and payment requests from focal states to ensure accurateness, price and justification reasonableness and compliance with donor and organizations procurement policies.
- Support the administration team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Maintain the records of assets and equipment for the office in line with the inventory management system.
- Ensure proper authorization and documentation of assets that are issued to staff as per the office/USAID policy.
- Undertake stock inventory and update stock report on a regular basis.
- Ensure timely submission of relevant reports for the department.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff work effectively without any disruptions.
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare, and support needs of visiting guests to Nigeria and expatriates are met.
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, and maintenance of office equipment, supplies and meeting staff office needs.
- Prepare relevant administrative and procurement reports when needed.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND or Higher in a relevant field (Administration, Social Science, Humanities, other) from a recognized college/university or professional institution.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in Admin and Procurement functions on USAID funded programs in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and respectful.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, and Functions:
- Excellent communication and English writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Conversant with procurement processes and systems and procedures especially for USAID.
- Good knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Effective time management and willing to work under pressure
- Should be willing to travel to implementing states when required.
- The individual must possess high levels of integrity and honesty.
N7,950,000 – 8,820,000 annually.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.