Senior Associate Risk & Compliance at Branch International
Job Title: Senior Associate Risk & Compliance | Branch International | Job Location.: Lagos, Nigeria | Full Time
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, and India. Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by the founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. Most recently, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms.
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
Working with the Head of Legal and Compliance, the Snr Associate Risk & Compliance will be responsible for identifying, measuring, and mitigating internal and external risks that are applicable to the Company. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations across the organisation and troubleshooting for areas of improvement in our processes and compliance levels. An ideal candidate must have a sound knowledge of the financial services industry and the attendant risks in a digital world, understand the regulatory regime for fintechs, and also be a worthy champion of our compliance culture.
- Be responsible for regulatory compliance. You will:
- Liaise with regulators
- Collate, prepare and file mandatory reports (internal and external)
- Prepare and maintain statutory documents and policies
- Monitor compliance with policies and regulatory requirements
- Be responsible for the implementation of audit and examination reports
- Prepare compliance reports to the Board and Senior Management.
- Coordinate risk and compliance actions.
- Monitor enterprise risks and ensure appropriate controls and mitigants are in place.
- Carry out risk assessments for business functions and products.
- Maintain up-to-date records of regulatory changes and notifiable events relating to internal policies and procedures, Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing, Know Your Customer, Customer Due Diligence, Consumer Protection, Complaints Management, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Conflicts of Interest, etc.
- 4 to 6 years working years experience in the Financial Services Industry/Fintech Space as a risk and/or compliance officer
- First Degree in any discipline
- CAMS or any other relevant qualification is an added advantage.
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise. You’ve started and/or contribute to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company, working with teammates from all over the world.
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- 28 days of paid vacation days, 30 days of sick leave, and periodic mental health days
- Fully paid parental leave – 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- Annual professional development budget
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
- Flexible working hours
- Where we work: Remote first, with the option to work in-person occasionally
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply