Job Title: Senior Backend Engineer (NodeJS + Typescript, GoLang)
- We are looking for experienced engineers to join the team focused on building a brand-new payments processing engine.
- The goal of this team is to build the base upon which our other products thrive so our product engineers can focus on creating delightful experiences for our customers. We consider this an exciting opportunity for seasoned engineers. In this position, you will significantly contribute to the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex financial systems.
- You will push your design and architecture limits by inventing and simplifying complex problems.
- You will work with Softcom engineering and business teams in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform.
Here’s what you’d do day-to-day:
- Build systems and products that facilitate movement of money from customers to other customers, customers to products, products to products and any other combination we come up with.
- Design highly scalable and distributed systems that support moving millions of dollars between multiple points
- Write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
- Create processor-agnostic 3rd party APIs which would allow other developers create new systems based on the products you build.
- Exercise your strong verbal and written communication skills in building a consensus with stakeholders and delivering reliable systems in time and on budget.
- Work with the business intelligence, finance, product, compliance and operations teams in automating and performing financial reconciliation across multiple systems with a view to getting complete financial reporting.
- 4+ years of verifiable experience working with one of: NodeJS + Typescript, GoLang
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 4+ years experience working with MongoDb.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Independent, dedicated, and able to deliver well tested, production ready code with high autonomy and minimal guidance.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of and experience working with queueing systems as well as the pros and cons of working with different queuing systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience developing best practices to build out and maintain scalable systems,
- service oriented applications, and more.
- Experience building complex, highly scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Payments and/or risk experience is a plus.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.