Job Title: Senior Clearing Manager – Export – (Cement Industry) | Job Ref.: Seniorclearingmanager002 | Dangote Group
Job Type: Full Time
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Responsible for clearing, implementing, and managing our export clearing strategy. Also, to ensure secure, accurate, timely and clearing processes. and liaise with other government agents to ensure seamless operations and compliance with approved schedule.
- Organize and manage clearing, documentation, and logistics for the smooth running of cement/ clicker export operations in compliance with DCP applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Obtain accurate Check List and check all NXP’s, CCI, Lab test certificate, agents Tally sheets and other documents to avoid errors, identify missing documents, and/or identify potential issues to export cement and clinker operations.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Liaising with our clearing agents for the clearing of goods at destination in Africa to ensure timely clearance.
- Administering export procedures and documentation and effective liaison with Nigerian Customs, sales departments, cement plants and Logistics department etc
- Managing demurrages within specified norms.
- Managing the seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
- Liaising with border authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements, and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with government Authorities for various requirements connected to the export handling at the border
- Prompt attention to all government agents’ complaints within the stipulated time frame and with good feedback to management.
- Follow up with both DCT and DCP staff to ensure that all documents are capture with customs and identify deviation (if any).
- To prepare daily progress report and send to Head Office before the close of the business.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers.
Education and Work Experience:
- HND or B. Sc in Business Admiration or its equivalent in relevant discipline
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years relevant work experience as a Clearing Managers or similar role
- Good knowledge of relevant planning and scheduling concepts
- Working knowledge of planning or tracking software/ applications
- Basic project management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
Skills and Behaviours:
- In-depth understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the policies, regulations and procedures guiding export and import of goods nationally and internationally, and especially in DCP’s export country locations
- Up-to-date knowledge of world economy, tariffs, and customs documentation requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply