Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Mode: Hybrid
- Design, implement, and maintain the infrastructure required to support the development team’s code, including version control systems, build servers, testing environments, and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborate with developers to create and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, including automated testing and deployment processes.
- Automate the provisioning and management of infrastructure, including virtual machines, containers, and cloud-based resources.
- Monitor the performance and availability of production systems and identifying and addressing potential issues.
- Participate in the design and implementation of security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other members of the DevOps team and the development team.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a DevOps / SRE role.
- Experience in Linux and Windows Server administration.
- Experience maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines with tools such as Azure DevOps (YAML and Classic Pipelines), GitHub Actions.
- Scripting/programming knowledge of at least Unix shell scripting.
- Good understanding web servers’ technologies such as IIS, Nginx, Apache etc.
- Good knowledge of Databases (relational, document and key-value stores).
- Experience with Cloud infrastructures like Google Cloud and Azure.
- Experience with Docker and Container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Experience with administering solutions for Metrics, Events, Logs and Traces (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK Stack, Jaeger etc.)
- Practical experience with deploying Dotnet Core applications to Linux and Windows VMs.
- Practical experience with Containerizing Dotnet Core applications.
- Solid knowledge of Git.
- Solid knowledge of secure coding practices.
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Cloud – Google Cloud, Azure
- Git – Azure DevOps
- CI/CD – Azure Pipelines
- Web Servers – IIS, NGINX
- Message Broker – RabbitMQ
- Databases – SQL Server, Redis
- Deployment strategy – VMs, Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Observability – ELK, Jaeger, Prometheus, Grafana
- Web Technologies – DotnetCore (Backend), VueJS (Frontend)
Application Closing Date
25th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online