Title: Senior Finance and Administrative Officer | Location: Abuja | FHI 360
Supervisor: Output 1 Technical Director
Under the supervision of the PLANE Output 1 Technical Director, the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer and will be responsible for accounting and finance records for the Principal Recipient (PR) and ensure compliance with the contractual requirements of Nigeria’s programmes/projects with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide main support with problem resolution on cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the Principal Recipient (PR) and Sub-Recipients (SRs) records with the PR.
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the grant in the PR’s accounting system including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities. Ensure timely and accurate month-end accounts book close.
- Provide support to and coordinate project activities within donor guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct periodic Sub-Recipients/States offices transactions validations and reconcile their financial report. Ensure timely conclusion of monthly Sub-Awardees Financial Report (SFR).
- With relevant parties from programs, finance and contracts and grants, develop subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the State Offices.
- Keep proper office records and maintain good filings system for all grant financial documents as appropriate.
- Provide support in budget preparation, reprogramming, monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ICAN, CIMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations (including DFID/FCDO)
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills. Also, budget monitoring and analysis skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Routine coordination with FHI 360 employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply