Senior Financial Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Company: Nestlé Nigeria
Position Type: Full-time
Minimum Educational Qualification: Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: 5 – 8 years relevant experiencePosition Summary
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Senior Financial Accountant who would handle statutory reporting for the organization; working to ensure accurate, timely, efficient, compliant statutory reporting processes as well as preparation of financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Statements of Equity and Notes) according to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local laws.A day in the life of…
- Preparation of statutory reports for Nigerian Stock exchange (NSE), Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Financial Reporting Council (FRC) in compliance with IFRS.
- End-to-end coordination of statutory assurance audits.
- Preparation of supporting documents for statutory tax audits.
- Point of contact on statutory audit matters by country stakeholders.
- Relationship management of Statutory Auditors, ITF and local regulatory bodies in relation to financial reporting.
- Coordination of inputs into Audit Committee presentations.
- Coaching and developing the Financial Accounts team.
- Other additional responsibilities as defined by the regular scope of work.
What will make you successful
- Minimum of a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other related course.
- Full membership of a recognized Professional Accounting body with relevant qualification(s) such as ACCA or ACA.
- 5 – 8 years multi-dimensional cognate experience acquired either within a reputable audit firm or a similar multinational manufacturing/FMCG company.
- Sustainable performance in Finance or prior experience in Accounting, Audit (Internal and/or External).
- Strong experience in preparing statutory reports and financial statements for a reputable organization.
- Good understanding of International Finance Reporting Standards.
- Extensive knowledge of local tax laws and regulations, as well as legal requirements related to financial and administrative matters.
- Strong knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office tools, SAP and other relevant Accounting software.
- High level of attention to details and accuracy/precision.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Apply by clicking on the “apply” button, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV. The closing date for application is April 8, 2020. We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.
Deadline: Not Specified
About Nestlé Nigeria
Nestlé Nigeria PLC is one of the largest food and beverage companies in Africa. For over 57 years, Nestlé has been delighting consumers in Nigeria with high quality nutritious food products.
With a staff strength of over 2,300 direct employees, 3 manufacturing sites, 8 branch offices and a head office located in Lagos, the company produces and markets several iconic brands including Maggi, Milo, Golden Morn, Nescafé and Nestlé Pure Life.
Nestle’s purpose is enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. The company contributes to society while ensuring the long-term success of its business.
Every day, we touch millions of lives across our business, from the farmer who produces the grains to the family who enjoys the nutritious food in their home.