Job Title: Senior HR Officer | Location: Abuja | Idmibok International (360 HSDC) | Employment Type: Full-time
Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
The Senior Human Resources Officer is a culture champion and enthusiast leader. This position reports to the Director of HR and will manage two HR Officers directly. The Senior HR Officer provides practical, timely support, advice, and direction to Idmibok International staff on the full life cycle of HR activities.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, succession planning. Diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Provides support and guidance to HR officers in their respective areas of work.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring the growth and development of the HR Officers
- Provides support and guidance management to other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations.
- Participate in stay and exit interviews.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants. Collaborates with departmental leads to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Write and update job descriptions as needed.
- Actively supports New business in the recruitment of consultants for proposal development efforts
- Directly manages internal and external HR related projects
- Extend offer letters and takes the lead on succession planning, promotions, and transfers; sends out offer letters to document staffing movements.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Assist in creating learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, mediation, and investigations. Escalate employee relations issues when investigating allegations of wrongdoing or termination arise.
- Ensure that department records, organizational chart and directory are maintained properly.
- Responsible for monitoring, updating, and rolling out the performance evaluation program.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with Federal, State, and Local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Creates, maintains, and updates a Standard Operating Procedures’ (SOP) document for the role of People Operations Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required. Masters preferred.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Must be proactive and strategic in approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interest in cultural humility and leadership
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will be closed once a candidate is identified.