Job Title: Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide input in the definition of IT policies, projects and service levels.
- Provide input in the development of the Enterprise Solution/Application strategy and plan in line with overall IT strategy and the company’s needs and objectives.
- Assist the Director, IT in communicating the division’s strategic direction and objectives to Enterprise Solution unit.
- Coordinate the development of policies, processes and procedures for the design, deployment and integration of customer’s Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the team/ function’s activities.
- Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with user departments to determine the Enterprise Solution/Applications needs of the organization.
- Ensure alignment of identified Enterprise Solutions/Applications with the customer’s business and IT strategy.
- Coordinate detailed preliminary review of new/proposed Enterprise Solution/Application, to determine alignment with customer’s business and IT strategy.
- Oversee the identification and documentation of user requirements for new Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Coordinate the documentation of Request for Proposal/Request for Quotation for new enterprise solution based on user requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of vendors for deployment of Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Oversee the solution development life cycle, ensuring compliance with specified standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Liaise with Program Managers to coordinate the development and implementation of project plans and timelines, to meet Enterprise Solutions/Applications needs.
- Oversee user acceptance testing and go-live of new Enterprise Solutions/Applications in liaison with relevant business teams.
- Oversee post implementation review of deployed Enterprise Solutions/Applications and ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Provide support and expertise in the deployment of off-the-shelf software applications.
- Ensure adequate user training on new Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Ensure adequate post-implementation support for deployed solutions in liaison with user support team.
- Coordinate continuous evaluation of system performance in order to ensure continuing relevance of Enterprise Solutions/Applications provided.
- Oversee deployment of patches and upgrades to installed Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Manage relationships with third party IT vendors/suppliers.
- Keep self and teams abreast of business process changes and proactively identify and develop solutions to ensure optimization of technology in business processes.
- Implement the function’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, IT.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Computer Science or any Engineering related course.
- Professional qualifications (ETOM, TOGAF, etc.) are a must, ITIL certification (is an added advantage)
- Seven (7) to twelve (12) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.(preferred)
- Experience in system architecture is desirable.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience in modeling and graphic representations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Founded in 1987, Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. We are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world. We have nearly 194,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions, serving more than three billion people around the world.
Huawei’s end-to-end portfolio of products, solutions and services are both competitive and secure. Through open collaboration with ecosystem partners, we create lasting value for our customers, working to empower people, enrich home life, and inspire innovation in organizations of all shapes and sizes. At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward.
Huawei is a private company wholly owned by its employees. Through the Union of Huawei Investment & Holding Co., Ltd., we implement an Employee Shareholding Scheme that involves 96,768 employee shareholders. This scheme is limited to employees. No government agency or outside organization holds shares in Huawei.