Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities.
Senior Mechanical Technician* M/F
SPIE NIGERIA is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Technician to join one of it key project.
Project : FPSO
You will report directly to the respective Discipline Supervisor
– Organises and performs on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility, With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
– Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
– Ensures that all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition.
– Manages intervention reporting using the CMIMS, Enters intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field, Monitors the functioning of systems placed under his responsibility,
– Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams, and actively participates in this himself, Manages the team of technicians directly under his responsibility,
– Carries out, at the CSR request, any intervention within his field of competence. Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status is resumed.
– Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements,
– Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
– Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts, Suggests improvements and requests modifications. Ensures adequate risk assessments and pre-work meetings for all activities and that all technicians directly under his responsibility contribute and comply with the risk assessments and pre-work meetings.
– Ensures adequate PPE and procedures are provided or generated for the tasks to be actioned. Actions numerous site checks to ensure safe working practices.
As a Senior Mechanical Technician you have extensive and specific technical knowledge :
– Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Pipework, HVAC equipment, Electrical drive motors, etc..
You take pride of work and have ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others
You have proven ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site.
Proven ability as a leader of small teams.
Perfectly competent and independent in his field, you show common sense and organisational ability.
Natural authority, founded on your abilities and on the trust you have on your teams, is essential.
Offshore on FPSO
Minimum level of experience required
6 years or more
English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
Combining our differences
SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. This position is opened to people with disabilities