Job Title: Senior Program Officer – Family Planning | Location: Abuja | Breakthrough ACTION
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
- The BA-Nigeria Senior Program Officer II – Family Planning will provide technical and programmatic support for all integrated FP and MNCH SBC activities.
- S/he will report directly to the Deputy Project Director – Integrated SBC & FP and work in close consultation the BA-Nigeria state teams, technical leads at HQ and the BA-Nigeria Project Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Deputy Project Director – Integrated SBC & FP to operationalize and implement BA-Nigeria’s Integrated FP and MNCH program components
- Support establishment and maintenance of effective relationships at national and state level with USAID and other implementing partners, F/SMOHs and other key stakeholders, in collaboration with the Deputy Project Director – Integrated SBC & FP and Project Director.
- Provide extensive technical and programmatic assistance to each state team for implementation of integrated FP and MNCH program activities.
- Coordinate ongoing activities with Malaria & TB, Provider Behavior, Capacity and Coordination, SBC Innovations and MEL teams, and with state teams as required
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned.
- Assist with design and oversee implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- The position will be based at the BA-Nigeria Office in Abuja but travel to focal states is expected to be approximately 30% or more.
- Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of JHU-CCP’s Mission and Values, as appropriate.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor or BA-Nigeria Project Director.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities currently. With project expansion this status may change over time.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Social Science, Humanities, other) required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a Family Planning, Maternal or related Reproductive Health programs in Nigeria. Advocacy, SBC and/or Community Mobilization expertise highly valued.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at Federal and State levels
- Must be fluent in English and, given the geographic focus of the project, fluency in Hausa is highly desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to project states across Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a PDF copy of their CV to: [email protected] using “Senior Program Officer II – Family Planning” as the subject of the email.
Application Instruction / Notice
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Address the education / experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CVs must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: ADAMU ISA).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately