Job Title: Senior Program Officer – Public Health & Humanitarian Aid | Job Location: Abuja (FCT) | Idmibok International
Employment Type: Full-time
Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
- The Senior Program Officer is an intermediate professional position, with the primary responsibility of leading and coordinating team members in the development of quality proposal and bids. This will also have direct oversight and management of projects.
- Lead and coordinate development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Programs, HR, Operations, New Business and Finance teams for proposal development.
- Support new business efforts in sourcing for and responding to RFPs, E.O.Is grants and other funding opportunities
- Must be able to appropriately review proposals to ensure they are well synthesized and cohesive
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities
- Works closely with the new business team to ensure prompt response to new business leads
- Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process.
- Provide professional developmental opportunities for junior program staff.
- Evaluate performance of supervisee(s) and provide constructive feedback and proactive leadership
- Serve as primary interface for the organization and local staff to implement projects
- Achieve project requirements within budget, established time-frame, standards of quality, and donor satisfaction
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff, supervisees, consultants at large, and other departments within Idmibok International
- Represent program management at offsite venues for the purpose of business development and information dissemination as directed
- Contribute to and inform program design, knowledge of tools towards implementation of projects, knowledge management and thought leadership, and collection of resources.
- Work with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to design and determine indicators, ensure that the field has the tools to monitor progress made towards indicators, periodically check in with field team on data collection and progress toward meeting objectives, and share experience with regional teams
- Monitor and evaluate project progress and performance, including reviewing deliverables, and make recommendations where project activities may need to be adjusted based on M&E results
- Travel to field offices to monitor project activities
- Work with Human Resources to source and recruit critical talent
- Support design, review/selection, and implementation of sub-awards, including review of quarterly narrative and financial reports, as well as processing invoices.
- Ensure the quality of monthly / quarterly reports.
- Provide input into annual work-plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in Medicine, Public Health, Political Science, Social Science, International Studies, or other related fields is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of overall work experience in the international development sector, with emphasis on public health and humanitarian affairs
- Significant experience with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects, including projections, pipelines, and modifications.
- Experience managing and providing guidance and supervision to employees.
- Experience leading proposal-writing and development is essential
- Balances meeting deadlines, while maintaining high professional standards and accuracy
- Demonstrates the highest level of discretion in a manner that promotes a positive working environment
- Ability to build networks, partnerships, and capacity to collaboratively lead a team
- Strong analytical and advisory skills
- Excellent Information Communication and Technology (ICT) and report writing skills.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with subject, “Senior Program Officer- Public Health & Humanitarian Aid” as email subject.
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will be closed once a candidate is identified.