Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Team Lead) | FairMoney | Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Type: Full-Time
Start Date: 07 September, 2020
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
- You will be working as our Senior Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 15 people worldwide. You will be based in Lagos and working with our engineering team based in Paris.
- Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application.
- Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on:
- Developing new features (ex: wallet),
- Decreasing the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features,
- Improving an infrastructure which can handle over 2M clients.
Our Technical Stack:
- Our customer product is an android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sikekiq, rspec);
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have >5 years of experience in backend,
- You must have led a team of engineers for no less than 2 years – also handled mentoring and onboarding of new software developers,
- You must have led a technical project from specification to delivery,
- You are able to code in a backend language (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge/ experience with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Technical Test – To ascertain that your wealthy experience aligns with what we need;
- Phone screening of ~30 minutes with Titi – our HR & Talent Manager in Lagos;
- Technical Interview & Peer Programming with Matthieu – CTO;
- Last call with Maud, our global HR Manager.