Job Title: Senior Tax Associate | Bishop & Rooks | Location: Lekki-Maruwa, Lagos | Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a chartered professional with a strong background in the tax sector, innovative and who can work with little or no supervision.
- Lead assigned client tax engagements from start to completion, including engagement planning, directing, completion of assigned tax projects, and managing the assigned projects to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on assigned tax projects, and assess the performance of tax staff associates for engagement reviews.
- Review client tax returns completed by assigned tax staff and make necessary recommendations on tax return preparation regarding accuracy and applicable tax savings opportunities.
- Prepare client tax returns for individual, trust, partnership, corporate and foreign tax clients; including preparation of work papers and lead sheets; preparation of tax projections and related estimated payments; analyze client information and offer recommendations for reducing client tax liabilities; perform tax research.
- Identify and communicates engagement issues as well as engagement progress in a timely and organised manner.
- Prepare tax projections and assist in drafting responses to regulatory audits, inquiries and tax notices.
- Assist in preparation of client’s year-end tax information reporting, including reviewing, recommending, and making adjustments to client year-end tax reports.
- General accounting for client business’ to be used in preparing income tax returns, including preparation of trial balances and related adjusting journal entries; preparing deposits and disbursement requests.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Undertake research and ensure knowledge of current tax law changes.
- Assist with general administrative duties.
- Participate in networking and business development activities on behalf of the firm.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Must possess a First Degree or HND in Accounting, Economics or related courses.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience.
- Must possess membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation (CITN), ICAN, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal Government and state tax laws and regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Excel and Quick Books or accounting software.
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online