Title: Senior Tax Consultant – Business Tax | Location: Eti-Osa, Lagos
Type: Full Time | Deloitte
is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
- Preparation/review of simple to very complex income tax (current tax and deferred tax) computations
- Preparation/review of tax disclosure notes for inclusion in financial statements
- Monitor and management of Effective Tax Rate (ETR)
- Preparation of reports detailing findings during review or preparation of corporate income tax computations
- Preparation/review and filing of transaction tax, as may be applicable
- Provision of range of bespoke business tax and regulatory advisory to clients
- Provision of tax health checks/risk assessments on clients’ compliance with direct and indirect taxes
- Provision of tax dispute resolution [i.e. desk query, Value Added Tax (VAT) monitoring, audit and investigation exercise] support
- Preparation of powerful and insightful decks (power point) on different reports, as may be required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B.Tech., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit division
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- CITN/ICAN/ACCA qualified
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Good understanding of the various industries ranging from consumer, energy, financial services and telecommunications; or demonstrable specialist knowledge of any industries
- Top notch understanding and application of relevant accounting standards such as IAS 12 + IFRIC 23 (Interpretation), IAS 16, IAS 19, IAS 41, IFRS 6, IFRS 9, IFRS 16, IFRS 5
- Good interpersonal skill
- Good working capital management, submission of timesheets as appropriate, understanding timelines, development of templates for specific task and management of client relationships
- Good working professional relationship with the tax authority, especially with FIRS
- Admirable professional outlook
The Impact You Will Make:
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization.
- We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply