Title: Senior Technical Officer (STO) – Monitoring & Evaluation | FHI 360 | Requisition: 2021201183
Location: Abuja, Nigeria Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Director
- The Senior Technical Officer (M&E) will be responsible for overall technical and strategic information leadership, collating data from the care center and working with others in the local implementing partners to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs. Will ensure that all indicators are reported and tracked as needed.
- S/He will provide program support design of technical and data management to the FHI 360 data management software for subsequent analysis; identify and follow up on missing data; undertake basic validation checks, and store and disseminate data and hardcopy files as appropriate. Support PEPFAR SI requirements, adherence to SI SOPs, and other capacity development needs identified in assessments. Will be responsible for capacity building of care center technical and SI staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical and M & E oversight on UCS Global subcontract Plan and facilitate capacity building related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, HTS, Anti-retroviral therapy (ART) treatment, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), TB and integrated medical services of FHI 360 Nigeria’s programs.
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support to UCS global to ensure workplan deliverables are met and targets are achieved.
- Work with other programs and stakeholders, such as ASAP and other partners to harmonize capacity development plans, ensure technical assistance delivery is aligned with priorities, and is non-duplicative.
- Provide technical oversight to technical staff of the subcontractor implement technical strategies, and review content with the partner UCS Global
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to the partner on content related to HIV/AIDS clinical management, PMTCT, TB, and integrated medical services for FHI 360 Nigeria programs
- Work with UCS technical staff at the country office and other relevant FHI 360 staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools, and procedures that will support the achievement of quality care centre service delivery.
- Keep track of received data and USAID deliverables, including participation in stakeholder meetings
- Prepare and sort source documents and identify and interpret data to be entered while bringing to the knowledge and questions that need to be solved such as inconsistencies or missing data by the originators of the source data and mentor staff
- Work with the care center staff care counselors to ensure proper documentation of all services
- Assist in conducting routine reviews and checks of all data captured, conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Work with EpiC M&E staff to ensure that the quality of program/project activities adhere to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized data capture using the HFR format for reporting and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the care center who are responsible for data entry.
- Work and report to the Project Director to document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, Familiarity with HFR, according to FHI 360, USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
- Familiarity with going online platform or ORA
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s in relevant areas with BS/BA in MBBS, Public Health, Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 5- 10 years relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Good knowledge and understanding of PEPFAR/USG implementation rules will be an advantage
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work remotely, manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.