Job Title: Service Manager | Adexen | Job Location: Lagos
Adexen has been mandated by one of its clients a Multinational Automobile Company to recruit a Service Manager for its operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- To achieve the highest possible level of customer satisfaction by providing consistent and efficient maintenance and repair services to the vehicles distributed by the company.
- Organize and supervise the activities of all allocated workshop staff in a safe and efficient manner in line with company policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all repair and service work performed in the Service Department is done in an efficient and correct manner in line with manufacturers’ and company policy and procedures
- Monitor and improve productive staff efficiency and workmanship sales to a minimum of 80% of available hours.
- Supervise and monitor the allocation of work to ensure that there are appropriate staff members with sufficient experience and technical ability.
- Propose, implement and monitor service procedures to improve the quality of repairs and servicing.
- Implement and maintain the Group operational practices as defined by management and company policy.
- Ensure the correct use of all communication equipment and manufacturers’ information by all Workshop staff.
- Ensure that all service and repair related literature and information are accurate and distributed to the Service Department staff.
- Complete and submit reports and analysis to management, manufacturers, and suppliers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Recommend improvements in facilities, equipment, and procedures within the Service Department.
- Handle customer service queries and complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Propose and implement marketing strategy in conjunction with the Parts Officer and Aftersales Manager of branches to increase service department sales.
- Regularly meet with the Parts Officer to assess and resolve parts and service-related issues, with minutes and action plan formally documented.
- Monitor and ensure that service department staff request the correct parts at all times.
- Supervise and monitor locally purchased goods and services ensuring that price and quality are in accordance with the company policy and standards.
- Promote and maintain a safe and clean working environment within the Service Department.
- Ensure all equipment and tools are used correctly, maintained and accounted for at all times.
- Ensure that all staff within the department adheres to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Train service staff to use tools, equipment, manufacturer’s manual and specification etc.
- Assess and recommend staff departmental training needs and requirements.
- Perform any other job-related duties that may be assigned by his/her direct manager
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Between 8 – 10 years post-NYSC relevant work experience in the automobile service industry with a minimum of 3 years managerial experience
- Dynamic, self-motivated with good leadership qualities and an understanding of team management
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Packages.
- Abreast of current automotive engineering technology
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of accounting procedures
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit application page at https://www.adexen.com/