Job Title: Shelter Nurse | Job Location: Gbagada, Lagos |Cece Yara | Foundation Reports to: CAC Shelter Matron
The Cece Yara Foundation is a child-cantered, not-for-profit organisation established to promote a safe childhood for children; access to care, information, protection and emergency intervention for children who are sexually abused or at risk, and their non-offending family members. We focus on preserving the joyfulness of an innocent childhood by upholding the rights of the child as enshrined in the Nigerian Child’s Rights Act and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- The post holder will be accountable to the Assistant Director CAC. The CAC Shelter Matron will be responsible for all staff working within or from the Shelter as identified by the Assistant Director CAC.
Description of Role
- The post holder will be responsible for managing the quality of care received by victims of child sexual abuse through direct and indirect patient care, professional and public education, consultation, development of standards and protocols, interdisciplinary collaboration, and research.
Context of the Post
- The CAC Shelter will provide short term shelter to children and their non-offending families where the case management plan indicates this to be the most suitable intervention.
- Therefore, emotional sustainability, sound partnership practice, verbal and written communication techniques, the ability to form lasting relationships, commitment to working issues through, to be tenacious in working with children and families through establishing small achievable targets are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a 24 hour on-call nurse for the CAC and shelter.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices, reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Ability to assess patient status and take appropriate action
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills required: must have experience with MS Office, registry and/or database experience preferred and experience with electronic health records preferred.
Common Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that professional practice in the team is carried out to the highest standards and developed in line with the CAC Shelter stated objectives of continual improvement in quality of its services.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that the Health and Safety policy, organisation arrangements and procedures as they related to areas, activities and personnel under your control are understood, implemented and monitored.
- All members of staff are required to undertake that they will not divulge to anyone personal and/or confidential information to which they may have access during the course of their work.
- 4 – 5 years Experience.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualification.
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This post is non-residential.