Latest Skyshore Group Jobs Vacancies and Recruitment Rivers, Lagos. May, 2022
Skyshore Group Limited (SGL) is a conglomerate of companies actively rendering various services in the Oil and Gas sector of the global economy; especially in West Africa rendering services to support Hydrocarbon Drilling, Completion and production at various levels. Incorporated in Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) under the “Companies and allied matters decree 1990” as a limited liability “Group of Companies” which serves as a holding name for her member companies.
May, 2022 Chemical Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Testing new processes
- Collecting data required to make improvements and modifications
- Overseeing the construction of new plants
- Using and developing process simulation software to work out the best production methods
- Purchasing and installing equipment
- Using scientific principles related to magnitude, momentum, heat transfer etc
- Supervising plant operations
- Investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines and within financial budgets
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities
- Assessing safety and environmental issues
- Liaising with installation/project engineers and specialists
- Ensuring safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Using scientific, mathematical, and engineering principles to solve problems and improve processes.
- Designing, proposing, implementing, reviewing, and correcting plans to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Observing production processes, conducting research, and finding ways to increase efficiency and quality.
- Using computers to compile and analyze data.
- Establishing safety and waste management procedures.
- Traveling to work sites and locations to learn about project needs and design, implement, troubleshoot, test, and improve processes, equipment, and facilities.
- Assisting with establishing budgets and timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 – 10 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Credentials to: [email protected].com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Marine Fleet Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers | Employment Type: Full-time | Skyshore Group Limited (SGL)
- Support the Tech/Ops Superintendent in the safe, effective, efficient and economic management of all aspects of vessel operation.
- Analysis and monitoring of operational data to ensure that potential problems are averted.
- To provide guidance to vessels’ Masters, Tech/Ops Superintendent and Management on any special requirements.
- To monitor and report on the extent of repairs being carried out by the vessel management contractors.
- Ensuring that vessels onshore and office marine related documentation are up-to date.
- To attend meetings within the Maritime Industry to represent the company.
- To provide advice to vessels and management on statutory requirements and also maintain a record of all statutory requirements for the vessels.
- Ensuring that vessels’ voyages are performed efficiently and ensuring that operational costs are kept to a minimum.
- Monitoring and tracking of operational costs.
- Perform related duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
- To support the crewing contractor in the crewing of the vessels and ensuring that crew certifications are up-to-date.
- Manage and coordinate crew training and development.
- Support Ship/Shore inter-communication process.
- Coordinate the movement of crew to and from the vessel.
- Ensure delivery of appropriate feedback on task completion, outstanding work, condition of asset and additional work required.
- Conduct, in support of Tech/Ops Superintendent, periodic inspection of marine assets.
Stores and Vendors Management:
- Handling the paper work for all defects reported and deck & engine requisitions from the vessels and ensuring that same are passed on to the Procurement Department for treatment.
- Overseeing the issuing of vessel spare parts, PPEs and deck & engine requisitions to vessel
- Captains/Chief Engineers and crew respectively.
- Coordinate the movement and delivery of spare parts and requisitions to the vessels.
- Coordinate the transportation of vendors to and from the vessels at whatever location or field that they are.
- Ensure that items supplied by vendors are in line with the various vessels’ requests.
- Submission of vendor invoices with accompanying documentation to the Procurement
- Department for payment.
Stakeholders’ Management/Other Roles played:
- Management of the company’s relationships with the major maritime and security stakeholders like the Nigerian Navy, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC); Department of State
- Security (DSS); the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA); Nigerian Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA).
- Liaising with the representatives of the host communities.
- Preparation of contract tenders, bids and expressions of interest (EOI) for all marine related tenders.
- Working in concert with the HSE Coordinator/DPA to ensure that the company meets the HSE and QA/QC requirements of our clients.
- Working with the HSE Coordinator/DPA to ensure that all the trading certificates of the vessels are up-to-date.
- Other roles as assigned by the Tech/Ops Superintendent, and the Managing Director.
- Reporting and giving feedback to the CEO on all Marine and Logistics matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates should be either retired Captains or retired Chief Engineers.