Title: SME Officer | Accion Microfinance Bank | Location: Lagos
- Ensure accurate loan evaluations, the efficient follow-up of arrears, and the provision of strong client service.
- Maintain up-to-date client records and reports.
- Build and maintain portfolio of quality clients rapidly and consistently to reach target portfolio within assigned period.
- Liaise with community organizations, business associations, and individual entrepreneurs
- Identify potential clients
- Sensitize potential clients on all aspects of the loan program: procedures to apply, the terms and conditions, the incentives for good performance, and penalties for late repayment and default.
- Develop an accurate evaluation of each client?s capacity and willingness to repay the requested loan.
- Correctly complete loan application and evaluation process.
- Arrange and undertake business site visits
- Verify and cross-check all information relevant to the loan application and evaluation.
- Ensure an appropriate guarantee is in place and is documented.
- Determine and present loan terms and conditions to credit committee.
- Participate in credit committees and providing input on other members? loan proposals.
- Prepare and present own loan proposals to credit committee.
- Develop relationship with each client to support the business success and cultivate loyalty.
- Monitor client business progress to identify any potential problems
- Offer suggestions and referrals where appropriate and within company policy
- Demonstrate a concern and build client rapport.
- Implement late repayment recovery procedures of Accion MfB
- Achieve and maintain targets on portfolio at risk and loan loss
- Emphasize the importance of on-time repayment with clients
- Monitor repayment reports daily and client behavior patterns.
- To be knowledgeable and known in the assigned geographic zone.
- To build rapport within the community, business associations and leaders
- To be known and visible in the community
- To have goodwill of the community towards Accion MfB.
- Provide support to peers and others within Accion MfB in uplifting its values and policies.
Qualification & Experiences
- A minimum of HND or BSC in Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or related fields.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Minimum 4 years? experience with at last 2 years in micro finance lending
- Experience in credit of financial service industry will be an added advantage.
- Ability to assess character of potential clients
- Ability to develop strong financial analysis skills
- Independent worker; honest and of high integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understand the local area where they are working
- Computer literacy
Application Closing Date
May 31, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply