Title: Finance & Admin Officer | Ref No.: sfh-93932 | Locations: Abia, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Plateau, and Oyo States (1 position each) | type: Full-time | Society for Family Health (SFH)
Duration of Contract: Fixed Term Hire (11 months)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- This position will be responsible for all matters related to the finance, operations, and administration of the state office.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance and consistency with the organization’s policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreements with the donor’s best practices.
- Timely review and processing of all vendor payments
- Timely review of CBOs disbursement request and reported expenditure
- Record and account daily transactions on SAP and ensure accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation that serves as evidence of transactions.
- Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the state containing budget to actual expenditure information (variance analysis).
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations of state project bank account.
- Responsible for procurement activities within the state in accordance with the organization’s procurement policy.
- Prepare and submit reports and tax filings in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Aid program staff in office and project budget preparation.
- Responsible for all matters related to the operations and administration of state office.
- Manage assets within the state (CBOs and state office) to ensure adequate maintenance.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Accounting from a recognized institution
- 2 years post NYSC experience, in a similar position
Skills and Competency required:
- Good understanding of fundamental accounting principles
- Fair understanding of Global Fund donor’s financial guidelines and rules
- Must be computer literate
- Good analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity and adherence to professional ethics
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
- SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.