Title: Software Developer | Location: Ikorodu, Lagos | Egbin Power Plc | type: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
- Responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the associated endpoints. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of databases, integration of multiple data sources and databases into one enterprise system and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for building and integrating front-end elements into the application.
- A basic understanding of front-end and cross platform technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to identify and propose areas for improvement.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Development of APIs.
- Build solutions across multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one enterprise system
- Collaborating with team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the business experience.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of critical backup tasks
Education & Work Experience:
- B.Sc or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related course
- A minimum of 2+ years professional experience in similar capacity
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient knowledge of one or more programming languages such as PHP, Python, Node JS etc.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Good understanding of database management and SQL.
- Experience in ERP (e.g. Dynamics, Odoo etc) integration and / or development would be an added advantage.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Knack for implementing systems with security and data protection in mind.
- Good cross platform experience – understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Willingness to sit at a desk for extended periods.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply