Software Engineer | Location: Nigeria | Access Bank Plc
Access Bank Plc, commonly known as Access Bank, is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank, owned by Access Bank Group. Access Bank Plc is a full service commercial Bank operating through a network of over 310 branches and service outlets located in major centers across Nigeria, Sub Saharan Africa and the United Kingdom. Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1998, the Bank serves its various markets through 5 business segments: Institutional, Commercial, Retail Banking, Transaction Services.The Bank has over 800,000 shareholders including several Nigerian and International Institutional Investors and has enjoyed what is arguably Africa’s most successful banking growth trajectory in the last ten years ranking amongst Africa’s top 20 banks by total assets and capital in 2012.
- Develop and maintain the back end of the product.
- Gather user requirements, write code using an agile methodology, and continuously update the back-end code of the product.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, the development team and Scrum Master to develop, design, build and launch the product
Functions and Responsibilities
- Works closely with end-users to identify issues and captures business requirements
- Integrates user-facing elements developed by front-end developer with service side logic
- Translates business requirements into system design specifications
- Performs appropriate development and testing activities
- Optimizes the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Deploys regular releases in an agile approach
- Creates appropriate documentation as defined by the agile development methodology
- Works closely with business stakeholders and end users to develop an understanding of how the applications are used by the user teams being supported
- Designs and implements data storage solutions
- Maintains competency in the technologies related to responsibilities.
- Works on complex systems analysis and programming assignments with minimal supervision; expected to independently determine solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 4 years of back-end development experience
- IT certifications and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile or Kanban software development processes
- Proficient in back-end and front-end development
- Knowledge of platforms and tools, such as ASP.NET MVC 5, C#, sequel serve database, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of source code control tools
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, and Pig, Cloudera, or large data warehousing initiatives
- Experience with systems deployed on Unix/Linux/Solaris environments
- Experience in developing applications in Windows based application
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that enables the team to fulfil requests within the desired SLA.
- Provide overall team guidance and fix all escalations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply