Title: Software Engineer | FairMoney | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | Contract Type: Full-Time
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. They started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
So far they disbursed over 1,000,000 microloans and give more than 7000 loans daily. They are backed by top notch US/EU investors and have raised 15m EUR + Venture Capital supporting our stellar growth. They are a team of +70 between Paris and Lagos in Engineering (Android, Data, Backend), Product, Marketing, Customer Service and Operations and they won’t rest before the FairMoney app is in the hand of millions.
- You will be working as our Software Engineer in our Tech Division which is now composed of 11 people worldwide.
- You will be based in Lagos and working with our engineering team based in Paris.
- Your mission is to develop new features for our customers based in emerging countries in order to improve the services of our Android application.
- Your goal is to build the new digital bank for emerging countries.
We are waiting for you to work on:
- To develop new features (ex: wallet),
- To decrease the time spent fixing and maintaining already shipped features,
- To improve an infrastructure which can handle 2M clients.
Our Technical Stack:
- Our customer product is an android application;
- It communicates with a Ruby on Rails backend (sikekiq, rspec) – which we are open to teaching;
- Our ML pipeline is an API-flask (Python);
- We are hosted on AWS: we use Elastic Beanstalk, a RDS Aurora mysql database, S3, Kinesis (data-stream, firehose);
- Prototype of a data warehouse on GCP (GCS, BigQuery, Cloud Composer);
- We have automated tests that run on Travis.
- You have 5 – 10 years of experience in backend,
- You have an Engineering or University Diploma in computer science (we are also open to self-taught with 5 years experience in computer engineering),
- You are able to code in a backend languague (Ruby on Rails or Python or node.js or Go or Php or Java…)
- You have knowledge with AWS or GCP cloud providers,
- You are able to go to the most efficient solution,
- You know how to take initiatives.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply