Job Title: Software Engineer | Job Location: Lagos | Microsoft
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together. The world’s first untethered, head-mounted holographic computer, the HoloLens was an example of this.We are launching a Cognition Africa engineering team to build Mixed Reality Cloud Services that bring those technologies to a wider range of devices. We have an opportunity for a passionate and multitalented Software Engineer looking for their next technical and career growth challenge to help us build the suite of cloud services that bring people and things together in across virtual and physical spaces.
We are developing many new cloud services that leverage AI and machine perception to enable rich, cross-platform Mixed Reality experiences. We’re a growing team of talented engineers putting technology on a human path across all devices. As a member of our team:
- You will work on the delivery of high-quality code components that will power the services, servers, distributed systems, networking and backend architecture for our products
- You will play multiple, often divergent roles to ensure the success of our newly created engineering team
- You will work with industry-leading scientists and engineers to bring the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities to the cloud
- Experience writing applications or services in a modern programming language using a common application or services stack
- Passion, interest and optionally experienced in distributed systems and consistency challenges
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply