Software Scientist – ILOG CPLEX | IBM | Job Location: Nationwide
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do.
Now, the IBM Optimization team is seeking a Software Scientists to contribute to the evolution of ILOG CPLEX Optimizer through the conception, design and implementation of algorithms for linear, mixed integer, and non-linear programming. The position is at the junior or senior level and is available immediately.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Develop and implement innovative techniques for solving linear, mixed-integer linear or non-linear programming problems.
Transform customer needs into CPLEX features, from defining, to implementing, to testing, to drafting documentation.
Support customers by working with the support team, answering technical questions, or fixing defects in the code.
Participate in team-wide activities, such as code reviews, customer visits, presentations (internal / conferences / customers).
The majority of code that you write will be in C, however good knowledge of C++ and Java will be useful.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
In order to be successful in this role you have:
- Very strong background in Operations Research, particularly mathematical programming, coupled with high quality and rigorous programming skills.
- An excellent background in C coding. Knowledge of C++ and Java will also be appreciated.
- Ideally you will have already implemented high-performance codes for (some aspects of) either linear, mixed integer, or non-linear programming algorithms.
- Finally, experience in evaluating and tuning performance of code is highly sought after.
- You should be self-motivated and be able to work as part of a distributed team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
On top of your core skills additional experience in any of the following areas will be an advantage:
- Knowledge in algorithmics outside mathematical programming, for example graph algorithms, approximation algorithms and heuristics, dynamic programming, etc.
- Knowledge in parallel processing and hardware implementation aspects of mathematical algorithms.
- Knowledge in linear algebra and numerical analysis.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Familiarity with real-life optimization problems.
- Knowledge of the CPLEX optimizer (as a user).
- Additional programming languages, especially those used for scripting, such as bash, python etc.
About Business Unit
IBM ILOG® CPLEX® Optimization Studio uses decision optimization technology to optimize your business decisions, develop and deploy optimization models quickly, and create real-world applications that can significantly improve business outcomes.
IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio is a prescriptive analytics solution that enables rapid development and deployment of decision optimization models using mathematical and constraint programming. It combines a fully-featured integrated development environment that supports the Optimization Programming Language (OPL) and the high-performance CPLEX and CP Optimizer solvers. It’s data science for your decisions.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.IBM
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply