Job Title: Specialist, SOX & ITGC | Location: Lagos, Nigeria | IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, SOX & ITGC who will ensure that IT General Controls (ITGC) applied to financial reporting are sound, effective, and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate, reinforce and promote SOX & ITGC program standards and approaches for documentation, control design, evaluation, and effectiveness testing.
- Perform SOX ITGC scoping and risk assessment activities.
- Identify, evaluate and document the design and effectiveness of the company’s internal controls, looking for both control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiencies.
- Provide updates to management on relevant SOX & ITGC compliance activities, including timely communication of risks and issues identified.
- Communicate test results and process improvement recommendations to management on time.
- Prepare reports/ presentations summarizing test results and remediation of test exceptions.
- Follow up with stakeholders on outstanding management actions from past projects.
- Engage on an ongoing basis with business process owners on their internal control compliance responsibilities.
- Support Manager, IT Risk & Control in overall management of SOX & ITGC program.
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and resolving internal and external audit findings.
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Evaluate risks and controls for new system implementations.
- Assess financial impact of SOX & ITGC controls and recommend solutions to correct issues identified.
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements to drive operational efficiency and overall effectiveness of the company.
- Liaise with process owners, internal auditors, external auditors and other stakeholders as required.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by Manager, IT Risk & Control.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- +5 years’ relevant experience in IT Audit, IT Security, Risk Advisory, and IT Compliance.
- Professional certifications, e.g. CISA, CRISC, ISO27001 LA, etc, will be a bonus.
- Demonstrable proficiency in SQL and/ or other Computer-Assisted Audit Tools (CAATs)
- Must have deep understanding of Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
- Solid knowledge of security best practices such as defence in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, and encryption, is mandatory.
- Knowledge & experience in implementing globally accepted information system risk, control and Business Continuity Management (BCM) standards is highly desired.
- Must possess thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques and protocols.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- IT Audit
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Business Consulting
- ITGC SOX
- Risk Management
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Continuous Learning
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Application Closing Date
26th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply