Job Title: Sr. Associate, People OperationsBranch International | Job Location- Lagos | Branch International
Branch delivers world-class financial services to the mobile generation. With offices in the United States, Nigeria, Kenya, and India, Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company that uses the power of data science to reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. We believe that everyone, everywhere deserves fair financial access. The rapid spread of smartphones presents an opportunity for the world’s emerging middle class to access banking options and achieve financial flexibility.
Branch’s mission-driven team is led by founder and former CEO of Kiva.org. The company presents a rich opportunity for our team members to drive meaningful growth in rapidly evolving and changing markets. In 2019, Branch announced our Series C and has garnered more than $100M in funding with investments from leading Silicon Valley firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Trinity Capital, Foundation Capital, Visa, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment where human beings of all backgrounds can thrive.
Branch is looking for a passionate and self-driven People Operations professional who loves contributing to multiple pillars of People Operations, excels at building and improving processes, and wants to make an impact on the employee experience. In this role you will be a key player in supporting HR programs and initiatives that will help Branch continue to build a world-class team and drive employee experience across the globe.
You will be involved in providing a cohesive working environment for Branch staff, be part of a core team supporting culture and people practices at Branch, and support business growth through recruitment of talented individuals! Communicating with precision, developing trust, and leading with integrity are critical to success, as is the ability to navigate multiple priorities with attention to detail and a service-oriented approach. This role is based in Lagos and will report to the People Operations Manager for Nigeria.
- Own the recruitment lifecycle from sourcing and scheduling to closing, while ensuring a positive and efficient experience for all candidates
- Be responsible for ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for new hires
- Work closely with hiring managers to build recruitment strategies and pipelines for assigned roles
- Partner with hiring managers and the global People Operations team to drive our Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Serve as a culture champion for Branch, including designing and implementing employee engagement initiatives, building talent development strategies, and elevating Branch’s values in the Nigeria office
- Organize and execute training for employees to ensure compliance with regional regulations, while working closely with the global People Operations Team on our learning and development program
- Assist with ad-hoc People Operations projects and generalist responsibilities as needed
- 2-5 years HR experience, with at least 2 of those as a successful recruiter (particularly for tech roles) in a high-growth tech start-up
- Experience in onboarding, learning & development, and employee engagement is an added advantage
- Detail-oriented, communicative, inquisitive, and able to work with a global team
- Autonomous, proactive, and comfortable owning a project from start to finish
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, and able to wear many hats
- Have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
Benefits of Joining
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid Premium Plan medical coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous child bonding leave policy
- Pension Benefit and Life Insurance
- Discretionary trips to our offices across the globe, with global travel medical insurance (when it’s safe to travel!)
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly team meals and social events (virtual for now!)
Branch International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We’re looking for more than just qualifications – so if you’re unsure that you meet the criteria, please do not hesitate to apply!
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Branch International Application Page