St. Saviour’s School Ebute – Metta, the pioneer School of the St. Saviour’s Schools (St. Saviour’s School, Ebute – Metta and St. Saviour’s School, Ikoyi). It was founded in 1951 and for 70years provided quality education to primary school-age children.
St Saviour’s School Ikoyi, is a British Curriculum School of approximately 320 children. The school caters for children from Foundation 2 (Reception) to Year 6 and delivers the British National Curriculum as part of a thoroughly rounded education set in a Nigerian context. We also use the International Primary Curriculum to enhance the learning of all children.
Founded in 1951 by leading members of the Nigerian and British communities in Lagos, it is a Christian school in the Anglican tradition, accepting children of all beliefs who share our core values. A not-for-profit school, it is led by the Head Teacher empowered by the Board of Management and guided by the Board of Trustees. We aim to have 60% of the children in the school from Nigeria, the remaining 40% made up from other nationalities.
The school is a member of the Association of International School Educators of Nigeria (AISEN), The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Independent Association of Preparatory Schools (IAPS). Please click here to read the ISI Integrated Inspection Report on St Saviour’s School
The school is situated on a very attractive site on Ikoyi island in Lagos. The classrooms are well appointed and resourced within spacious, landscaped grounds that offer the children both indoor and outdoor learning and playing areas. The school has a purpose-built Library, two ICT Labs, extensive playing fields, IWBs in every classroom, and a 25 metre swimming pool.
Job Title: Senior Admin Officer | Location: Ebute – Metta, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Head, HR & Admin
Level: Mid Level
Number of subordinates: 12
- Ensure that daily school operations is running and performed in a seamless and efficient manner and supervise the administrative team members to ensure performance.
Core, Essential Responsibilities / outputs of the position
Role/ Task Complexity:
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the School
- Ensure that proper security measures are put in place for the safety of pupils and employees as well as the school’s assets
- Ensure that the school is clean and ready for work in line with the approved schedules
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance schedules of school machinery, equipment and devices to minimize downtime and ensure operational efficiency
- Identify opportunities for administrative management improvements and recommend to the school management
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Facilitate and coordinate best practice tendering and contracting activities
- Plan and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines
- Identify the facilities and resources required by the school
- Establish and manage adequate maintenance strategies.
- Ensure energy and water efficiency of the school
- Provide the required support for the general administrative functions
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Develop administrative policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Maintain a comprehensive and detailed list of facilities needed in various departments
- Maintain inventory of all school assets and supplies, that is, to determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs and order more materials when necessary.
- Manage replenishment and restocking of stationaries and school supplies
- Ensure accurate record keeping, sign-offs and filing
- Prepare comprehensive reports as required by the school’s management
- Record administrative expenditure and manage the annual Administrative budget
- Maintain all health and safety equipment and protocol pertaining to the school
- Supervise and oversee the activities of direct reports
- Ensure effective performance of direct reports
- Liaise with the Tender Committee
Utilities Management, repairs and asset management:
- Ensure that the facilities and assets in the school are well maintained, in good order and working properly
- Ensure the school’s equipment, devices and appliances are kept safe at all times
- Arrange for replacements and repairs as needed
- Maintain store supplies and ensure efficient and effective store operations
- Prepare requests by verifying documents from vendors and suppliers for management’s approval
- Ensure effective and efficient utilities management i.e Electricity, water, waste disposal, diesel supply, Phone credits etc.
- Oversee the store and ensure all items and consumables are kept safe
- Ensure the school grounds and landscape is well kept at all times
Suppliers and Vendors liaison:
- Identify and research potential new suppliers and vendors
- Verify, register and maintain a robust supplier’s and vendor’s list
- Develop and maintain a preferred supplier database and ensure on-line information is available to management
- Ensure repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturer’s specifications
- Carry our maintenance checks on all school assets
- Develop and maintain a reporting system for contractor and supplier performance
- Develop and maintain a reporting system which measures the procurement process
- Ensure all school procurements are in line with the procurement policy Manage school supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Conduct market survey to negotiate the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the School
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Coordinate purchasing, warehousing and inventory functions
- Assist in the organising and hosting approved hospitality functions and events.
- Manage contracts and projects to ensure compliance with specifications and service delivery standards.
- Collate the global year plan, under direction of the Head Teacher
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and/or visitors
- Supervise school development projects
- Supervise the fumigation of the school from time to time
- Provide logistical support when required
- Ensure the school vehicles are well maintained and in good condition including cleaning, refurbishment, repairs and replacement of their parts and availability to carry out official duties
- Ensure vehicle and driver’s licences are renewed as at when due
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection dates
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance schedules of school vehicles
- Ensure regulatory compliance of Nigerian road transport laws
- Monitoring driver behaviour and ensuring a high level of service
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency
Independent thought and Judgment/Creativities (improvement/innovation inherent):
- Design of an effective transaction tracking system
- Ability to take instruction and ideas and turn it into effective and productive operational plan
- Item and Consumable arrangement
- Cost effectiveness
Vulnerabilities (control span):
- Risk of losing track of important routine activities and maintenance requirements.
- Depleting and poor-quality vendors list
- Education: Degree
- Total Experience: 7 years Supervisory Experience: 3
- Job Experience: 5 Years
- High Energy
- Physically strong
- General Administration, Organisation and Management
- Compliance & Record Keeping
- Project Management
- People Management
- Time Management
- Knowledge of Inventory Operations
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office suites
- Communication skills
- High on execution and low on excuses
- Sound discretion and judgment
- High sense of responsibility
- Interpersonal Skill
- Problem solving skills
- High Integrity
- Forward thinking
- Creative and Innovative
- Sound ethics and integrity
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.