Latest jobs and careers at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria October, 2021 jobs for:
- Operations Assistant
Standard Chartered: We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Graduate Operations Assistant | Job ID: 2100025939 | Location: Lagos | Schedule: Full-time |Job: Operations
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- The role holder for providing support within Financial Markets Operations.
- To work closely with Manager Product Delivery Derivatives, FX/MM, Fixed Income to ensure services delivery are of top quality.
- Ensure day to day operating compliance with all relevant local and global regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Serve as a maker in Depo-X for all Interbank secured Takings and Placements.
- Responsible for Country FMO document and work with respective desk officers to ensure their document are filed/stored daily for easy retrieval.
- Work with the various external Validation teams to ensure all Shape failed confirmation dispatch are promptly treated.
- Maintain the team’s register to ensure all incoming and outgoing document are well tracked.
- Responsible for obtaining the bank’s CRR statements weekly from the CBN and ensuring same is updated in TLM.
- Responsible for reconciling daily, weekly and monthly to confirm that all regulatory returns were dispatched timely as per procedure and any exception escalated.
- Collation and production of unit’s weekly update for OTI and Regional Input.
- Escalate immediately seniors any situation identified not in conformity with BAU processes
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FMO Nigeria to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- GBS India
- FM front office
- Other Operations Departments
- Serve as an alternate to the Operations Assistant in charge of Fixed Income processing.
- Market Knowledge: Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates. Must be conversant with various regulations that impact financial markets in the location, specifically Central Banks of Nigeria circulars relating to FXMM
- Risk Management and Control: Ability to identify risks and escalate it. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the bank, Financial Markets and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- This role would require a good a Bachelor’s Degree, 1+ years of relevant experience preferably in banking Operations
- Proficient in PC Skills Microsoft Excel and word
- Good communication and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021; (Time – 5:59:00 PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply